In addition to the normal hustle and bustle of homeschooling and daily living I have a few things going on.....
- My Mom and Dad moved out of our family's childhood home last week - to a beautiful new home with no stairs, no snow shoveling and no yard care, that is about 5 minutes from my house. We have been busy helping them get settled in!
- I'm studying for a Church History final - nothing like trying to memorize 2000+ years of names, dates and events. Can someone please tell me why the Popes couldn't be more creative with their names: Boniface I, Boniface II, Boniface III....you get the picture. If you remember, I sure do appreciate a few prayers for total recall for this exam.
- On top of the exam, I have two papers to write - my topics are St. Catherine of Siena and Blessed John Henry Newman and their impact on the church during their lives. Lots of reading and research, but it is a joy to discover the unique charism all of God's saints contribute to the church!
- Please pray for a teaching I am giving to a local parish's Women's Group tomorrow night - the talk is entitled "Freedom in Forgiveness". Let's face it, forgiveness is tough stuff - it is tough to ask for, it is tough to give out and it is even harder to grant ourselves (at least it is for this perfectionist girl). What perfect timing the topic is with our Holy Father announcing that next year will be a Jubilee year devoted to Divine Mercy!
- Oh, and I'm hosting Palm Sunday and Easter dinners.