Saturday, April 12, 2014

Who Am I This Holy Week?

"Who am I this Holy Week?" 

This was the question posed a few years ago by one of our parish priests during his homily on Palm Sunday. He explained further:

"Which of the people we meet in the passion narratives from the scriptures do we most identify with?"

At the beginning of each Holy Week, I ask myself this question. Each year I find that I  identify with someone different, some of whom I am not exactly proud to admit. This year, as we begin this most sacred week, let us  ask ourselves which of the people present during the Lord's passion, death and resurrection do we most relate to. It is important to not be fearful of the answer, but rather to allow the Lord show us the truth about ourselves, strengthening us in our goodness, and gently correcting our weaknesses.

Beginning on Palm Sunday and ending on Holy Thursday, Saints 365 will post a daily reflection entitled "Am I...." Each reflection will provide a scripture verse, an exploration of  the characteristics of one of the people present during Lord's passion, and a prayer. I invite you to stop by each day for these reflections and pray that they help us to enter more deeply into the celebration of Christ's redeeming acts during this Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment