Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Saints 365

So what's with the title of this blog?

I love the saints!  Stories of the saints fascinate me. I am inspired by their great love and devotion to the Lord. I am in awe of their heroic virtue. The miracles in their lives, their intense prayer lives, even the gory tales of those who were martyred are just an amazing part of our Catholic heritage. However, that is not the reason I titled this blog Saints 365.  At least not entirely.  Let me let you in on a little secret:

I want to be a saint!

Yep. Me. A homeschooling Mom who loses all of her patience even before breakfast is done. The woman can barely make it through a decade of the rosary without getting distracted.  That's right.  Me.  The one who breaks her Lenten fast of giving up Diet Coke every single year before 11:00PM on Ash Wednesday. The girl you heard snoring during Adoration. You got it. Me. 

I want to be a saint!

And there's more. The Lord tells me that I am called to be a saint. The church tells me holiness is for me. And for you too! We are all called to be saints. So I invite you to join me on this journey of striving for the heights of holiness in the trenches of everyday life. 

"So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48

"Therefore, all the faithful of Christ are invited to strive for the holiness and perfection of their own proper state. Indeed they have an obligation to so strive." Lumen Gentium, art. 42


No comments:

Post a Comment